Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: nada
Yield: 20-25 balls
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal
- 2/3 cup toasted or regular coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- ½ cup nut butter (peanut butter, Nut & Seed butter etc.)
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. If the mixture seems a little dry, add more nut butter or honey. If too gloopy, add more seeds or dry ingredients.
- Cover and place bowl in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (this makes rolling easier!).
- Roll into small balls, any size, and store in air tight container in the refrigerator (up to 1 week) or in the freezer (they won’t last that long before you eat them all).
- Substitute chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
- Use almond extract OR peppermint extract in place of vanilla and add cocoa for a chocolate bite
- Protein powder can easily be added into the mixture for a post-workout snack
- Change up your nut or seed butter
- Change up your sweetener – maple syrup works nicely
- Omit oats and use ground flax/chia/almonds if grain-free or following a Paleo diet